Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Saw, I Pinned, I Made... Breakfast!

Last week,  I made the decision to make breakfast for the family at least twice a week, on the days Tony has off. And since yesterday was one of them, I figured there was no time like the present. I earn awesome points from Owen and Tony, fill all our bellies, and get to be all lazy till dinner. Plus, bacon.


So, I break out the Bisquick and whip up some pancake batter. I am pretty sure I don't need to post the recipe here, since it's on your box, but it's ridiculously easy. 2 c Bisquick, 1 c milk, and 1 egg. Mix, pour, flip, eat.
Best when slightly underdone and still hot.
Mmmm.....bacon.
 But a lonely pancake es no bueno. Pancakes need company. Otherwise the breakfast police really will haul you off and execute you. True story, it happened to my friend's brother's roomate's nephew's girlfriend's cleaning lady's kid. They made pancakes, and forgot to make eggs, and poof, gone 

Tony has this thing where pancakes should only be cooked in bacon grease. I think it's his way of getting me to make him some bacon.  So... I did. Cooked the pancakes....

and broke out the mini pie tins. 

This was super good, and easy. You may enjoy your pig strips crispy, but we don't. So I sprayed the tins, and dropped two strips in, then cracked open two eggs. Baked them at 375 for 25 minutes. It was a tiny bit too long, but the guys loved them anyway. Tony sat his in between a split biscuit and was so happy. 

If you want the "right" way to do this, click here. But feel free to experiment! It often comes out delightful!


No comments:

Post a Comment