Friday, December 9, 2011

I saw, I pinned, I made.... a complete mess :D

So, I pinned these completely awesome looking berry danishes from Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife and thought "Oh, yeah, I can totally do that!" 

Totally doing that should have included following the instructions, but... 

I started with these four things.

(powdered sugar, Cream Cheese, biscuits, and sugar)

Nevermind that the recipe i intended to follow called for crescents, or only 2 tbsp of sugar for half a block of cream cheese. Directions, you say? More like completely ignored suggestions. 

I used 1 cup of sugar. With one brick of cream cheese. It was grainy, gritty, and didn't even get all the sugar mixed. So in went another 1/2 a brick. So now, it's looking a little bett. Stiff still, but certainly more manageable. But I figured the oversweetness would...I don't know. Honestly, I was having a bad day when I made these. I was probably hoping the added sugar would elevate me to a better mood.

(Fail)

So here's what the filling looked like...

(please don't use 1 cup of sugar for this! You will be sad if you do)

I should mention I have an absolutely terrible camera. The filling is not really orange, my lights just seem to think orange is the best illumination in the world. 

So I popped open the biscuits, and flattened them, then dropped a heaping forkful onto the center, because forks are so very underused in baking. Then I folded over the sides.



I really should warn you, this is what happens if you don't make some attempt to pinch them closed. 

And because oversugaring this wasn't enough, I wanted to add some glaze. I had visions of hte gooey sweet frosting from the Toaster Strudels I so love, but.... I won't even show you the mess I made. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

I baked them at 350 for 12 minutes or so. And honestly, they weren't terrible. I really need to make them with a lot less sugar next time, but all in all, it wasn't bad....till they cooled off. 

Lesson learned! Plus, it was pretty fun, even with the mistakes. 

Be well and be happy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment