Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Saw, I Pinned, I Made, Sweet Salted Badassery!

CHOCOLATE TOFFEE BARK photo
This is what Heaven must taste like.
You know what I look for in a dessert recipe?

  • Easy
  • Cheap
  • Delicious
I definitely got it with this. 

It's called Chocolate Toffee Bark, and it looks like this...



Unfortunately, I didn't follow this recipe, and I should have. Because the recipe I did follow was....well, it could have used accurate directions. 

The linked recipe calls for you to mix the brown sugar and the butter over medium heat for three minutes. THe one I followed, said heat, mix, and BOIL for three minutes. 

It also, unlike the link, called for a single stick of butter. It didn't make enough to coat all of them. 

Sadly, the recipe I followed also called for you to bake it at 350 for....five minutes. Yep. Only five. Which left the syrupy brown sugar mixture still wet and sticky, instead of hard and solid, like in that picture up there. 

It did say to spread the chocolate chips once they melted, and it also said to refrigerate. I froze mine for an hour. 

In the end, the result was more or less the pictured image, but with wet sticky sweetness on the bottom. 

Tony enjoyed the giant piece he snagged, and he's not a fan of sweets. Guess it was just salty enough to  balance out the sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment